Summary of Role:
The features writer is an exciting and dynamic role, working across the majority of Newtrade Media’s print and digital titles. You will deliver market-leading features in Retail Express and RN on food and drinks trends, category insight and business advice that our engaged audience of independent convenience retailers are willing to pay for.
You will also produce high-value and specialist content for Vape Retailer, The Retail Success Handbook and betterRetailing.com.
You will maintain a high profile with customers and work closely with other teams across Newtrade Media to build on our reputation for quality content and our trusted relationship with retailers.
Key result areas:
- To deliver engaging features in RN and Retail Express
- Development of fresh angles and exclusive insight;
- Awareness of commercial sensibilities and share of voice priorities;
- Focus on engagement and tracking feedback from top retailers and suppliers;
- Accuracy of output and adherence to high editorial standards and deadlines.
- To deliver exclusive content for Vape Retailer, The Retail Success Handbook and betterRetailing.com
- Creation of high-value, specialist content that encourages retailers to pay for it;
- Effective use of digital style, SEO and multimedia content;
- Demonstrate increase in engaged users and online views;
- Unlock and nurture new supplier contacts;
- Accuracy of output and adherence to the highest editorial standards and deadlines.
- To collaborate well:
- Effective use of meetings;
- Liaising and collaborating across teams;
- Building your contacts book of suppliers and retailers;
- Winning first-choice status.
- You will be results-driven, with good commercial awareness and customer understanding, demonstrated by examples of creating content that drives response (with an understanding of how this drives engagement and/or copy sales), of content that generates a return for advertisers, and of hitting deadlines.
- You will have good people skills and be a good collaborator, demonstrated by examples of building contacts and of teamwork to deliver results.
- You will be creative, with a thirst for innovation and for getting ahead of the competition, demonstrated across print and digital platforms and supported by planning and networking skills.
- You will be able to understand and represent readers, championing their interests, demonstrated by examples of effective communication, quality writing, product improvement, and engagement.